What – The Orangery (New Restaurant & Cocktail Lounge)
Venue – Old Rectory House, Ipsley Lane, Redditch B98 0AP
When – Immediately
Covers – 120+ and private dining
Food – Fresh, Seasonal, Sharing, Modern European Cuisine & Steaks
Salary – Very Competitive Basic (plus tronc and tips)
Package Includes – 50% off food for you and your guests at The Orangery & Gas Street Social (Mailbox), Hotel accommodation friends & family rates, statutory holiday pay, child care vouchers, workplace pension scheme, and occasionally hugs.
ALL ABOUT YOU
A receptionist and events co-ordinator should provide high-quality service to our hotel and restaurant customers. You will address complaints if needed and go the extra mile to make sure our guests are satisfied.
In this role, you should be friendly and personable as well as an excellent communicator. You should also be reliable and customer-oriented, as you’ll serve as a primary point of contact for our customers.
Your goal will be to ensure our guests enjoy themselves and plan to come back to our hotel and restaurant.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Dealing with enquiries for hotel, restaurant and private events at the hotel and restaurant
• Maintaining booking systems to ensure all bookings are dealt with, followed up and information stored correctly.
The duties, tasks, and responsibilities of most hotel receptionists are listed in the job description below:
• Attending to guest enquiries in person and also answer enquiries over the phone.
• Inform guests of the services and accommodation rates in the hotel
• Make reservations for guests according to their needs, and make sure that all reservations cancelled are effected immediately to avoid confusion.
• Build good relationship and rapport with Corporate clients to engage them to use the hotel services.
• Build a good rapport with guests to make them feel comfortable and address any complaints they might have in a very courteous manner to protect the image of the hotel.
• Keep clear and comprehensive records of guest room bookings using hotel booking systems- Little Hotelier/ Avenista
• Record all bookings taken on correct paperwork and computer systems
• Inform General Manager or Bar Manager of any changes to work schedule to ensure staff rotas are correct to cover all events/ hotel bookings
• Send and maintain invoices using Kashflow as and when required
• Take pre- orders for bookings if needed 1 week prior to events
• Maintain orderliness at the front desk by arranging documents accordingly
• Keep the front desk and reception area clean at all times
• Attend to all routes of room bookings, such as online, phone, and in person, to ensure that reservations are not left but attended to promptly to keep the hotel business running smoothly
• Ensure a correct ‘hand over’ to the next receptionist at the end of your shift. Advise of any customer concerns/ complaints.
• Welcome customers politely and promptly to the hotel and restaurant.
• Escort guests to their rooms or through to bar/ restaurant.
• Offer assistance if needed (e.g. directions, confirming travel arrangements)
• Speak to customers throughout their visit and also on leaving to check their experience with us.
• Address and deal with customer feedback and complaints as needed
• Escalate customer complaints if needed to General/ Duty/ Bar Manager when needed
• Feedback to General/ Duty/ Bar manager when needed (if needs urgent attention) or at the end of session anything that requires attention
• Ensure compliance with health and quality standards at all times
• Help maintain front of house areas and ensure they are clear and tidy
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* Previous experience as a Commis Chef preferred for minimum of 12 months
* Basic knowledge of Food Safety Law
* High standard of personal presentation
* Committed to delivering a first class customer service
* Friendly manner
* Highly organised
* Able to effectively communicate with both guests and internal colleagues
* Genuine interest in food and drink and desire to progress