What – The Orangery (New Restaurant & Cocktail Lounge)
Venue – Old Rectory House, Ipsley Lane, Redditch B98 0AP
When – Immediately
Covers – 120+ and private dining
Food – Fresh, Seasonal, Sharing, Modern European Cuisine & Steaks
Salary – Very Competitive Basic (plus tronc and tips)
Package Includes – 50% off food for you and your guests at The Orangery & Gas Street Social (Mailbox), Hotel accommodation friends & family rates, statutory holiday pay, child care vouchers, workplace pension scheme, and occasionally hugs.
Our receptionist and events co-ordinator will provide a high-quality service to our hotel and restaurant customers.
In this role, you should be friendly and personable as well as an excellent communicator. You should also be reliable and customer-oriented, as you’ll serve as a primary point of contact for our customers. You should be flexible both in your working hours and work approach.
Your main role is:
• Dealing with enquiries for hotel, restaurant and private events at the hotel and for the restaurant
• Maintaining booking systems to ensure all bookings are dealt with, followed up and information stored correctly.
• Hosting the restaurant as guests arrive.
The duties, tasks, and responsibilities of most hotel receptionists are listed in the job description below:
• Attending to guest enquiries in person and over the phone
• Inform guests of the services and accommodation rates in the hotel
• Make reservations for guests according to their needs, and make sure that all reservations cancelled are effected immediately to avoid confusion
• Build a good relationship and rapport with guests to engage them to use the hotel services
• Keep clear and comprehensive records of guest room bookings using hotel booking systems - Little Hotelier/ Avenista
• Record all bookings taken on correct paperwork and computer systems
• To meet sales targets for conferences and events on a weekly and monthly basis
• Work with the General Manager and Bar/ restaurant managers to identify gaps in sales and work to fill these areas
• Inform General Manager or Bar Manager of any changes to work schedule to ensure staff rotas are correct to cover all events/ hotel bookings
• Send and maintain invoices using Kashflow as and when required
• Take pre- orders for bookings if needed 1 week prior to events
• Maintain orderliness at the front desk by arranging documents accordingly
• Keep the front desk and reception area clean and organised at all times
• Attend to all routes of room bookings, such as online, phone, and in person, to ensure that reservations are not left but attended to promptly to keep the hotel business running smoothly
• Ensure a correct ‘hand over’ to the next receptionist at the end of your shift. Advise of any customer concerns/ complaints
• Welcome customers politely and promptly to the hotel and restaurant
• Escort guests to their rooms or through to bar/ restaurant
• Offer assistance if needed (e.g. directions, confirming travel arrangements)
• Speak to customers throughout their visit and also on leaving to check their experience with us
• Address and deal with customer feedback and complaints as needed
• Escalate customer complaints if needed to General/ Duty/ Bar Manager when needed
• Feedback to General/ Duty/ Bar manager when needed (if needs urgent attention) or at the end of session anything that requires attention
• Ensure compliance with health and quality standards at all times
• Help maintain front of house areas and ensure they are clear and tidy